Sunday 2 May 2010

I'll Admit It, I'm Addicted

Here we go with more polymer clay (no rolling of the eyes, please). I just can't seem to move on, but at least I've dragged myself away from the lentils to try a new technique.


This week I discovered stacker beads thanks to Carol on the 'Handmade in Scotland' Flickr group. This really cool technique came from Amy of Ovenfried Beads and after following her tutorial (link below) I made the beads pictured above. But never fear, the most exciting part was yet to come. I have been wanting to make ammonite halves ever since I realised the possibilities of polymer clay but hadn't had time to try and work out how to get the patterns. As soon as I saw this technique it all just fell into place and the results of my first attempt are pictured below.


I haven't entirely neglected my lentils this week though, as the following picture will show. Plus I managed to make my first Goddess pendants and a sneak peak of these can be seen on my Dragonflight Designs fan page. Polymer clay just seems to have gotten under my skin and I'm addicted - could it be that I have I found my ultimate craft?



Carol's shop is at http://www.folksy.com/shops/carolscrafts
Find the Stacker tutorial at http://www.ovenfriedbeads.com/stackertutorial.htm
Find my fan page at http://www.facebook.com/DragonflightDesigns

2 comments:

  1. Those ammonite halves are spectacular! *drool* ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Some of them are now earrings in my Etsy shop but I've still got a few waiting in reserve.

    ReplyDelete