Sunday 21 February 2010

Bound for Inspiration

We're back to Sunday once again and it's time to take a look at something a little bit different. GILD Bookbinders make stunning hand-made leather journals and bookmarks, just the thing to inspire you to write down your most precious thoughts.


Amongst their works are some lovely Medieval designs and fantasy creatures but my favourites have to be the leaf journals. Stamped using real leaves and then hand-coloured, each one is beautifully unique. This is what a real book should be. None of your mass produced paperback piffle here. Imagine how exquisite a bookcase full of these would be.


I'm sure even I could overcome my dreadful scrawl and be inspired to write glorious imaginings. And if a grand novel or heart wrenching poetry escape me, at least I can spend my time enjoying the lovely textures and colours.

You can see more of their creations in their Etsy store at http://www.etsy.com/shop/GILDBookbinders or on their website at www.gildbookbinders.com

No comments:

Post a Comment