Saturday 6 February 2010

DIY History

Well, yesterday was rather philosophical, today it's back to the more practical aspects of reality. A child's birthday party and grocery shopping, with hopefully a chance to do a little investigation on the Roman front.

Living back of beyond is not exactly condusive, even in this internet age, to having easy access to suitably authentic supplies for the DIY Roman. Fabrics can cost more in postage than they do to buy and there is little opportunity to confirm texture, weave and true colour before purchase. Many of the accessories available from invisible web-vendors are either copies labelled as authentic that have actually been re-designed for modern tastes or limited stereotypical examples representative of only a short date range.

In an ideal world, I would be able to manufacture all my requirements in my own back yard but, as this possibility is still far into the unforseen future, I will have to satisfy myself with attempting to find the next best thing. I could be some time...

No comments:

Post a Comment